Two reasons why:
1) Beginners will get an overuse injury from doing too much exercise volume too soon.
I had many new clients come to me after injuring themselves trying to get back in shape by doing excessive cardio. Please don’t make the same mistake.
We had to spend weeks rehabilitating their injuries before we could kick their fat loss workouts into high gear.
2) Long, slow, boring cardio doesn’t very work well – if at all – for fat loss.
Research has shown that doing 300 hours of cardio (6 hours per week for 50 weeks) resulted in only 5-6 pounds of weight loss in American men and women.
That’s a waste of time.
So what’s a better beginner fat loss workout?
Let me explain.
FIRST, we start by doing a general bodyweight warm-up circuit.
Most old-school workouts tell you to do a 10-minute warm-up on a treadmill, but that’s a waste of time.
How does a treadmill prepare you for a total body workout?
Answer: It doesn’t. Jokes on us when we waste our time with it.
SECOND, we do a lot of bodyweight resistance training, often while lying down on a mat.
That’s right, you’ll discover how to work your body and burn calories while LYING DOWN.
You’re going to be shocked by these exercises. In the Turbulence Training Beginner Workouts, you’ll see how to use total body exercises to burn fat with little or NO equipment, all done in the comfort of your own home.
THIRD, we finish off with interval training.
And YES, beginners can do interval workouts.
Here’s how I know this:
1) Researchers have used interval training in all types of populations, such as overweight beginners and even in cardiac rehabilitation (talk to your doctor though first, of course, if you have any medical conditions).
2) Research shows that subjects PREFER interval training over long cardio. So there you go, I’m not the only one who thinks cardio is boring – even subjects who volunteer for research studies would rather do interval training.
3) The most important interval training fat loss research study was performed on overweight beginner level women.
Fortunately, with the Turbulence Training Beginner Workout program you also get my “Bodyweight Cardio” program that replaces interval training if you don’t have a bike.
You can get that workout, plus three more beginner fat loss workouts here – all for less than the price of a greasy large pizza meal from one of the big chains:
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – You also receive…
…30-days free of social support and access to ask me all of your training and nutrition questions in the legendary Turbulence Training fat loss forum.
Research shows that people drop more fat if they frequently visit a fat loss forum like the one you get for free.