Last November, I traveled to Mesa, AZ to hear Bill Phillips speak at a seminar. Phillips is the creator of the Body for Life Transformation Challenge. But at the end of the conference, it wasn’t Phillips’ words that I remembered. Nor was it Richard Branson’s, who spoke to us via satellite. Instead, a man named Dave Kekich caught my attention.
Mr. Kekich has written something called “The Kekich Credos” – 100 success secrets that I’ve been reviewing and then figuring out how to relate them to my clients’ fat-loss goals.
For example, here’s Kekich Credo #4: “Real regrets only come from not doing your best. All else is out of your control. You’re measured by results only. Trade excuses and ‘trying’ for results, and expect half-hearted results from half-hearted efforts. Do more than is expected of you. Life’s easy when you live it the hard way… and hard if you try to live it the easy way.”
Here are my thoughts on how to apply this success secret to a fat-loss program:
- Who are the ones berating themselves every Monday for not exercising or eating properly over the weekend? The people who did not do their best to exercise and eat right on Saturday and Sunday.
- Most people fail to control themselves. They trade minutes of pleasure (i.e., fast food) for days, weeks, months, and years of regret.
- Focus on quality workouts, not quantity. Focus on planning ahead to overcome obstacles, rather than trying to “out-cardio” a bad diet.
- Always hit a personal best in each workout. This guarantees progress in both fat-burning and muscle-building.
- Fat loss is easy once you understand how hard it is… and it’s hard if you think it is easy.
To make fat loss easy, you must:
1. Plan and prepare your meals in advance.
2. Follow a professionally designed, structured workout routine that is more intense than anything you’d put together for yourself.
3. Get social support from others who have gone through the same trials and tribulations that you face.
Do those three things… and you will succeed.[Ed. Note: To get the biggest fat-loss benefits of exercise, you need a specialized, structured workout routine. Craig has put together just such an exercise regimen that can help you drop fat and get fit. Learn more here.
And get a FREE weekly source of support and expert health advice right here.]