It is simply NOT possible to EVER detox your body.
Because it’s such a vague statement.
What does “detox” mean?
How do you measure “detoxification”?
What do you even define as toxins?
And when do you officially become “detoxed”?
The answer is, “You don’t.”
After all, every single second of every day your body produces carbon dioxide, which is a toxin.
And if you have deep belly fat, research shows that this “visceral fat” is constantly releasing inflammatory toxins into your blood.
Every second. And the more fat you have, the more toxic you are.
Plus, every breath you take includes pollutants.
And even the water that you drink may contain “toxins”.
So….what’s the real deal on detoxing?
Listen, while every “expert” is out there arguing about tiny little details and “gurus” are trying to sell you on detoxing so they can sell supplements, the TRUTH is that you really just need to know a few steps to avoid getting toxic in the first place.
In my opinion, the #1 factor in living a “low toxin life” is simply to keep as much garbage out of your body in the first place, rather than depending on a 3-day, 7-day or even 16-day detox to be healthy.
So what do I do to prevent “toxin build-up” in the first place?
Well, I live the Turbulence Training Lifestyle of course, including my “7 Step Detox Nutrition Plan”:
1) Start each day with a blender drink of berries, spinach or other greens, raw nuts (such as walnuts – rich in healthy fats), and other ingredients packed with antioxidants and healthy fats.
2) For lunch, have a large green salad with spinach, beans, broccoli, peppers, avocado, onions, etc.
3) Eat an organic apple a day. Certain fruits (i.e. apples, peaches, cherries, and strawberries) and vegetables have a higher exposure to pesticides, and you should choose organic when possible.
4) Eat RAW snacks only – of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
Try using this one simple rule and limit all of your between meal snacks to raw fruit, raw vegetables, and/or raw nuts and I promise you’ll drop the pounds because you’ll be full on a smaller number of calories.
5) Drink Green Tea (2-3 cups) and filtered water (3 liters) instead of beverages that contain calories or chemicals.
6) Limit animal protein intake 3 servings per day. On most days, I’ll have the following: organic eggs for breakfast, a Paleo Protein bar for lunch, and a high quality meat at dinner.
You don’t need to be a full vegetarian to live a longer life, but you should probably avoid eating meat 5 times per day, like people in Chicago.
(Hey Chicago, don’t get mad at me for that…it was a born-and-raised Chicago native who told me 5 servings of meat per day was the average Chicago meat consumption.)
7) Minimize or completely eliminate alcohol intake.
While research does show that for men, up to 2 drinks per day may help cardiovascular health (and for women, up to one drink per day), I’m not about to recommend you start drinking.
After all, if you go above those limits, you start to destroy your health…and you risk addiction. Alcohol killed my father, and I don’t want to see the same thing happen to you. Tread cautiously with the booze.
So that’s it.
By the way, it goes without saying that you should avoid:
- excessive amounts of sugar
- refined grains
- and 7-11 nacho cheese
And you should be exercising to lose the belly fat…using proven methods, such as interval training – which is proven to beat long, slow cardio when it comes to burning dangerous belly fat.
Plus, you should be using Turbulence Training resistance supersets to burn more calories and sculpt your body.
If you’ve never used Turbulence Training, it’ll change your life. Men and women from all over the world have used it to lose 20, 30, 40, and even 50 pounds in just 12 weeks.
Simply follow those 7 nutrition guidelines and use the short burst TT workouts to cut out as many toxins from your body – without detoxing.
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – I also believe you should avoid toxic relationships…
…so you need to take a hard look at the people you surround yourself with in life.
Do you have the right work friends?
Are you in the right relationships?
Do you spend enough time with the right family members?
Or are they toxic too?
Remember – you need social support for success in life and in fat loss…so surround yourself with positive people.