500 pounds and counting. That’s what we’re going for as a team turbulence goal in the current TT contest. But we are running out of time for you to join us in the 11th TT Transformation Contest here.
Let’s get started with…
Monday – May 23rd –
- Transformation Tip of the Week: Failure isn’t bad. Failure isn’t final. If there is one thing I know after having observed this crazy world for 36 years, it’s that you can SURVIVE almost anything and come back better and stronger than ever before. Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from achieving the success you deserve.
Training Tips – Workout C
3A) GOod Mornings
- Get 30 minutes of fun activity now grab a Green Tea and do this week’s research review.
Reference:International Journal of Obesity (2011) 35, 700–713;
Weight-loss diet alone or combined with resistance training induces different regional visceral fat changes in obese women
Spanish researchers put women in a 16 week diet and another group on the same diet plus resistance training and a 3rd group was a control.
- 34 obese women between 40–60 years
- Both diet and diet plus resistance training caused women to lose belly fat.
- It’s important for women to add resistance training to their diet at all ages.
Wednesday Workout Tip
Trainer Thursday –
- Do 30 minutes of fun activity…
Question: I have read some of your suggestions to keep up with the research as a trainer. Which i feel is a very important thing. I am having a tough time knowing what research is the best. What journals / fitness information do you suggest for trainers to keep up with the latest workouts/exercises/nutritional advice, etc. Thanks so much!
Answer: Tough question though, because to stay really on top of things you’re looking at hours and hours each week. I get alerts from about 50-75 journals each week. I recommend reading guys like Alwyn Cosgrove, Alan Aragon, Brad Pilon, listening to my podcast, and letting us funnel it to you. Or again, set aside 5-10 hours per week…tough when you’re already a busy bootcamp owner.
Question: I’m still trying to do the Belly Off Bodyweight 500 Workout once a week but I hurt my hamstring…. I took 2 days off from working out… Today I went in an did lite cardio and some abs …. But I’m a gym freak I love working out, any suggestions on exercises that I don’t have to use my leg please help! Thanks
Answer: Andrea –
1) Get a muscle therapist to look at your hamstring and movement patterns
2) You can do any workout you want, just the upper body only portions.
3) But most importantly, get it fixed by a professional.
Social Support Saturday!
- 30 minutes of fun activity…
“Life is not a dress rehearsal.” … so if you want something, get up and get after it now. Time is running out for all of us.
Take an hour today and plan out the next 3 months of your life. Identify the weaknesses you want to improve and the strengths you want to emphasize. Set big goals with deadlines. And make a list of action steps that start you on the path immediately. — I will do this same exercise while I’m on an airplane today.
Sunday – Plan, Shop & Prepare –
- 30 minutes activity and plan, shop, & prepare
Diet ideas for skipping candy:
- Frozen bananas, dates, 87% Dagoba dark chocolate bars
Fruits: mango, pineapple, orange, strawberry, banana, apple. I buy the kids stuff I don’t like and keep it in a low cabinet, where they can easily get it but not in my line of sight. I really have to really be looking to find it. Or up above the refrigerator where, again, I have to get a chair to get it
- Training Tips – The X-Factor: Depletion Workouts
- Research Review – More weight loss research
- Nutrition – Travel Nutrition tips
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer