By: Isabel De Los Rios
1. There is no one diet that is “the best” or will work for everyone.
Use your own body as your guide and let your results be your indicator of whether or not you’re doing what’s best for you. Always pay attention to what your body tells you, NOT what somebody else is doing.
2. The best way to measure your fat loss is by using a mirror!
No matter what the scale says, how you look and feel is always more important than numbers. You can reconfirm your progress by taking body measurements and taking pictures, but if you look good…you look good and it doesn’t matter what the scale says.
3. Omega 3’s are an absolute must for fat loss.
Make salmon, sardines, flaxseeds, walnuts and a high quality Omega 3 supplement a part of your daily meal plans. The difference with and without them is incredible!
4. You must be moving your bowels regularly in order to see your body lose fat (2 – 3 times per day, preferably 3).
If you’re not, sip on water with lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper all through the day until you have reached 2-3 bowel movements per day. You can not eliminate bad fat if your body is holding on to all that sludge in your intestines.
5. You absolutely cannot out exercise bad nutrition.
Your workouts are 20-30% of the fat loss equation and nutrition is 70-80%. If you’re exercising regularly and not seeing fat loss results, you must make an adjustment to your nutrition.
6. Cheat days (or an off day) are absolutely essential to the fat loss equation.
7. If you are eating wholesome, un-processed foods, you can eat massive quantities all day and still lose fat and get lean.
If your day is filled with natural proteins, fruits, vegetables, raw nuts and healthy oils, you’ll never have to count a single calorie ever again.
8. Fat loss is not only about what you eat and how you train but also about the thoughts you have each day.
Stop your pessimistic talk and outlook and start to see things on the bright side and your success will be much faster.
9. Working out is not just about the exercises you do at the gym.
The leanest and most fit people lead active lifestyles…play with their kids, take dogs for a walk, keep busy around the house. How do you spend your day?
10. Finding a support system, group or partner almost doubles the rate at which you will see fat loss results (and maintain them).
Find and establish your own support system (spouse, co-worker, online group) and let them know EXACTLY (be specific) what your goals are.
This isn’t the first time I’ve asked Isabel De Los Rios for an interview. Way back in September of 2008 Isabel talked about how to beat the belly bloat.
Hope that helps you get rid of excess belly fat,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer