Vegetarian smoothies can be heavenly…and they can also be evil for the belly.
And I’ve learned a lot about smoothies – or what I prefer to call, “Blender Drinks” – in the last 8 weeks as part of my Veggie Lifestyle.
Here’s some truths about blender drink smoothies…
1) YES, you can add spinach to your blender smoothies and you won’t notice a difference in taste but you will get more nutrients!
You can even add Kale as well.
(And if you have blueberries and strawberries in your smoothie, you won’t even notice a difference in how it looks.)
2) Store-bought pre-made smoothies and the smoothies you buy at “Juice”-places in the mall are PACKED with sugar that will fatten your waistline.
Avoid those at all times!
3) Murphy’s Law applies every time I use a blender.
Just check this video of me making a blender drink:
4) You really need a good blender if you are going to be a blender drink maniac like I am.
I’m hooked! Two a day!
5) You don’t need to add protein powder.
Most people could save a lot of money and never buy a jug of protein ever again.
You don’t need 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, especially if you have some fat to lose.
6) Its really not that hard to clean a blender…
…and remember, this is coming from one of the laziest guys in the world!
7) You don’t need to add juice to your smoothies.
My mom does this, but I don’t see the point. If you have fruit, like bananas, mango, raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries in your smoothie that’s sweet enough.
So add more fruits and vegetables to your diet the smooth way,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, The Lazy Man’s Guide to Vegetarian Eating
PS – Did you get your copy of the 8 raw food smoothies bonus?
We are giving this away as a Veggie Meal Plans Bonus at:
It’s a fast action bonus along with the GREATEST product I’ve ever created.
I truly believe the “Defend Your Diet” audio program I did with Kardena Pauza and her husband Mark is easily the greatest interview I’ve ever done with someone…
…if not the most valuable “program” I’ve ever put together for anyone on anything.
And NO ONE has ever done something like this before.
Get yours here:
PPS – You’ll get my “Lazy Man’s Guide to Vegetarian Eating” in the Deluxe Package.
It’s a complete 55 day diary of EVERYTHING that I ate while on the veggie meal plan experiment.
PPPS – Yes, I’m still doing the veggie lifestyle.
Enjoying it, especially since I started grilling portobella mushrooms for burgers.
You gotta try Kardena’s mushroom burger recipe from the meal plans!