We all know it’s important to get enough fiber in our diets, but many of us feel it’s impossible to get the recommended 30g per day.
Here’s a delicious, easy menu that gets you more than 30g of fiber all by lunchtime:
Breakfast: Blackberry Banana Shake Total fiber content: 17.9g
1 cup Almond Milk (1 g)
1 medium banana (3g)
½ cup fresh blackberries (4.4g)
1 Tablespoon ground Chia seed (5.5g)
2 scoops Bio-Trust Low Carb vanilla cream protein powder (4g)
ice and extra water for desired consistency
Blend all ingredients in a blender or Magic Bullet
Snack: Fruit & Nuts Total fiber content: 8.75g
1 medium pear (6g)
¼ cup raw almonds (2.75g)
Lunch: Lemony Chickpea & Kale Salad Total fiber content: 15.8g
1 cup torn kale (2.6g)
½ cup raw broccoli florets (4g)
¼ cup chopped celery (2g)
2 dried dates (1.2g)
½ cup chickpeas (6g)
1-2 Tablespoons Spicy Lemon Vinaigrette (1 lemon, 1 T. honey, 2-3 T. olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes to taste—blend well )
**Assemble all ingredients in a bowl. Toss well to combine.
>>>>Total Fiber Intake by Lunchtime a whopping 42.45g <<<<
Getting plenty of fiber from whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and legumes is super easy and provides a host of health benefits:
- Weight loss and management: By increasing satiety and the feeling of fullness, fiber supports efforts to lose and maintain fat loss.
- Healthy Digestive System: insoluble fiber helps decrease the risk of diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) plus helps with regularity.
- Stabilize blood sugar: Soluble fiber slows the body’s breakdown of carbohydrates and the absorption of sugar, helping to stabilize blood sugar.
- Combat Many Health Risks: Risk of heart disease, heart attack, stroke, gall stones and kidney stones are decreased with adequate fiber intake.
- Skin health: Soluble fiber acts like a sponge soaking up yeast and other toxins that might otherwise be excreted through the skin causing acne and rashes.