Steve Jobs said, “I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.”
Jack Dorsey said, “I’m most proud of the things we decided not to do.”
James Altucher wrote a book called, The Power Of NO.
Tim Cook said, “The hardest decisions we make are all the things not to work on.” Watch him explain in this interview.
There are things that…
…you must NOT do.
You must say NO to the things that don’t matter, such as…
– Starting a YouTube channel if you’re not going to go all in
– Starting a Facebook page for your online business before you have 2000 customers
– Writing blog posts for affiliates that won’t send you at least 50 sales
– Going to seminars that are not guaranteed to put 100x’s the investment back in your pocket
– Arguing online
– Getting caught up in the technical aspects of a) what you sell and b) how you sell it (i.e. website design)
– Working “in” your training business instead of working “on” systematizing it with Bedros
I could go on and on.
The Bottom Line:
We all have 168 hours in our week. You can’t afford to waste a minute, let alone an hour on the wrong projects. The key is to know what really matters.
You must be ruthless with your time. How you use your time will be the most important decision you make in your life. Choose wisely.
This life is not a dress rehearsal. <= #truth
Use these 5 factors to help you create your NOT-To-Do List because when it comes to making big breakthroughs, a NOT-To-Do list is just as important as your To-Do List.
- Be clear about your goals.
- Know what you are willing to do – and NOT willing to do – in order to succeed.
- Know what you stand for and stick to it. Make no excuses, make no apologies.
- You have big projects to finish in 2014 before the next Mastermind.
- Be clear about your priorities and let nothing get in your way.
Get clarity of purpose and harness the Power of No,
“Regardless of what is going on around you, make the best of what is in your power.” – Epictetus
PS – If you want to know what you SHOULD do…
You have to go here