Most of us think that bad things can never happen… or that they only happen to “the other guy.” But what happens when you become “the other guy”?
You – and I – need a “back-up plan.”
This could be:
1. Investing prudently and building your net worth to the point where you can live off your investments.
2. Learning a second skill or profession.
3. Creating and selling a line of products – anything from candles and perfume to exercise videos and how-to books.
4. Collecting a sizeable inheritance that will enable you to live the life of a gentleman or lady of leisure.
5. Marrying someone with a good income who will support you in the style to which you would like to become accustomed.
Of these options, my own back-up plan is #3 (mainly because #4 and #5 didn’t pan out).
A few years ago, I began to think, “What if something happens that makes me unable to continue making a living as a freelance writer?” So I started my own Internet marketing business, creating and selling information products – e-books, audio programs, and videos – online.
Today, my little Internet marketing business generates a six-figure income for me… yet I spend only an hour or two a day on it!
Do you have a back-up plan? If not, do you intend to put one into place soon?[Ed. Note: Bob Bly is the author of more than 70 books and is an undisputed master of the art of selling. Subscribe to Bob’s free e-zine, The Direct Response Letter, and claim your free gift worth $116.]