One of my private coaching clients got me fired up and drove my blood pressure through the roof. All he did was fill out his Welcome Questionnaire.
It was frustrating to see how he was wasting his day, letting Time Vampires suck the hours out of him, and how his negative money mindset and inability to Man-Up were holding him back.
His number one goal is to double his income, but he has allowed himself to become a Jack-of-All-Trades and Master of None. His goal will never b achieved with his current work schedule.
Dan Kennedy, one of my virtual mentors, knows better. At his 7-Figure Seminar back in 2009, Kennedy taught me that you only get paid well for “Mastering High Value Competencies”. That’s cold, hard truth.
We must plan, prepare, and protect our days so that we own them, so that we are the master of our fates, and the captains of our skills. There can be no exceptions. You must take a stand for your time.
- You must Man-Up.
- Set the rules for your life.
- Set the rules for your business.
Back to my coaching client. We set up a call and I gave him 10 simple action steps to start right now that will give him more control of his life, more potential to make more money, and the ability to reduce the overwhelming workload that is stressing him out.
These 10 tips are universally beneficial. Follow them and you will free up time to become a Master of a Complex Skill, one that will add value to the world and result in you earning the rewards you want.
If you fail to take heed of these good words, then expect to continue mired in the muck, spinning your wheels, and frustrated with life and business.
Do what must be done.
Concentrate on what counts.
Top 10 Action Step List:
1) Get up 15 minutes early and just spend time alone thinking.
2) Get into the office 30 minutes before anyone else and work on your number one priority.
3) Man-up and stop the distractions. Do not let people bother you. You must own your day.
4) Do not check email until after you have done #1 and #2 above. No exceptions.
5) Batch check email every 4 hours. Do not immediately reply when individual messages arrive.
6) Delegate mindless errands. You cannot do anything that someone else can do for $50/hr or less if you want to make $100,000 per year.
7) Establish a daily, 20-30 minute outside walking meeting (can be done by phone) that you can use as a break.
8) Study the mastery of a complex, valuable work skill for at least 30 minutes every day.
9) Begin a 10-20 minute fitness routine 3x’s per week if you are not already doing so. You need the exercise for good health, better energy and eliminating stress.
10) Block two hours this weekend to sit down undisturbed and watch this video that will help you create the Vision for your life. www.ANewAmericanDream.com
Your family, friends, and finances will thank you.
You must get in early.
That’s when the magic happens.
And you need to leave on time for your wife and family.
You need to be DONE for the day at 5pm sharp. No working from home. You might think this is necessary with affiliates, but it is NOT. You create the rules for your life. You are the big dawg.
People must be taught to work around YOUR schedule, not you around their schedule.
You need to stop being so humble, wishy-washy, and bowing to everyone’s demands.
YOU ARE THE BOSS…YOU ARE IN CHARGE.
I mean this in a polite, IT’S-YOUR-LIFE way. I’m being strict for YOUR own good.
For homework, read this article on using a 5pm Brain Dump to reduce post-work stress:
Keep on pushing on,
“If you can become the most valuable employee to your employer, whether you’re an accountant or copywriter or marketer or product creator, within a year, you will be making more money.” – Mark Ford