I love to spend time in the kitchen, but with 5 kids at home, dinner needs to be made quickly. In some cases immediately. If you have kids, you know what I’m talking about. 🙂
That’s why I like simple and fast recipes. And if I can OVEREAT and still feel fantastic after dinner, then the recipe is a winner.
Today, I came up with the ultimate, fat-torching recipe that takes only 5 minutes to make, tastes fantastic, and looks even better. It is not in my Eat More, Burn More cookbook, so I’m giving away the recipe below as a bonus.
And wait until you see how many ingredients there are (Nothing short of incredible!).
You see, there are only 2 ways to spend 5 minutes or less in the kitchen (chef tip alert!): One is to cook in batches, package the food, and reheat it later. The other one is to have a winner recipe like the one I’m offering you. I want you to try it and let me know how it works for you and your family (Send me an email or message me on Facebook).
Seared Cod with Mustard, Cilantro, and Caper No-Cook Sauce
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless cod
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, capers, tarragon, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Heat a bit of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the cod with salt and pepper, and cook until you have a golden brown crust on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the cod with the mustard-caper sauce and serve.