When you’re getting ready for your New Year’s Eve party and want to impress your friends and family, this is the best recipe to do it.
You see, my Scallops Au Gratin recipe will easily become your friends and family’s favorite, even if they think they don’t like scallops. Better yet, it is as fat-burning as it is delicious, and they won’t notice the difference.
This may be the last cooking you’ll do this year, so it’s time to finish 2015 with a bang.
Next week will be a whole new year, a whole new you, and it will also be time to join hundreds in the Eat More, Burn More family, and soon you can sign up to be a part of my brand new cooking classes for weight loss.
Thank you so much for reading. Have a fantastic New Year’s Eve and I’ll see you in 2016!
Scallops au gratin
Active time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 3 large shallots, peeled and diced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems discarded, sliced
- 1 tbsp. of brandy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened, whole-grain cereals (Such as Ezekiel’s or Bob’s Red Mill’s), processed into crumbs
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, sauté shallots and mushrooms with a little olive oil, just to wilt them.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the garlic, brandy, parsley, crumbs, cheese, curry, yogurt and the shallot-mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the scallops evenly into individual ovenproof dishes. Top each gratin dish with a handful or two of the mixture.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and bubbling and the scallops are cooked through.