Last Sunday, as I do every Sunday, I made my Mason jar meals for the upcoming workweek. The beautiful weather we’ve had in Florida reminded me sunny days in the South of France with my husband and family, so I felt it was appropriate to make a Mediterranean salad for my post-weekend fuel.
This Mediterranean salad recipe is packed with protein and fiber, to help you lose fat and gain muscle. The best part about mason jar salads is that they are super fast and easy to make, requiring very little cooking. It takes you way less time to make these salads than standing in front of a greasy food truck on lunch break, or even worse, a fast food line. Not to mention, it saves you a ton of money!
Mediterranean Salad Recipe
Protein-Packed Mediterranean Salad (High-protein, high-fiber, gluten-free, low glycemic index)
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 7 ½ minutes | Yield: 3 large mason jar meals
What You’ll Need:
- 3 large hardboiled eggs
- 3 5 ½-ounce cans solid albacore canned tuna, drained
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 15 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tub of spring salad mix
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (your choice of balsamic, red wine, or white wine vinegar)
- 3 crushed cloves fresh garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 large Mason jars with lids
- Bring water to a low boil in a medium saucepan.
- Gently place the eggs into the water and cook for 7 ½ minutes. Drain the water and let the eggs cool at room temperature.
- Peel the eggs and slice into halves.
- Drain the cans of tuna.
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters.
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 1 crushed garlic clove into each of the 3 Mason jars.
- Add a few dashes of salt and pepper into each.
- Add 5 pitted kalamata olives and 1 hardboiled egg (halved) into each jar.
- Next, layer with 1 can of drained tuna into each jar.
- Add 1 tomato (quartered) into each jar and then fill the rest of the jar with spring salad mix. Cover the jars and refrigerate.
You now have healthy on-the-go lunches for 3 days!
More Mason jar meals to come!