I love trying out new recipes! Usually, I follow the directions the first time then tweak it to my liking thereafter…This one, however, I just made up. And boy, is it tasty! In less than 20 minutes, you will have a gourmet, healthy, and delicious shrimp dinner ready to enjoy.
Plus, here are just a few of the health benefits you can expect from the ingredients:
- Vitamin C-rich lime juice offers multiple health benefits from aiding digestion, reducing constipation, and boosting fat burning effects of citric acid
- Avocados are full of fiber, nutrients, and healthy fats that support the integrity of every cell in the body — most visibly contributing to soft, supple skin and hair.
- Basil is a power herb known for it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and antioxidant properties.
- Zucchini is full of vitamins and minerals like B1, B6, and B2 plus magnesium, calcium, potassium, and many others that aid in energy production and tissue hydration.
- Shrimp is low-calorie, high protein, and rich in vitamin D, which aids the uptake of vital minerals like calcium and phosphorus.
Chili-Lime Shrimp with Avocado-Basil Zucchini Noodles & Mushrooms
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients – sauce:
- ½ lime, juiced (reserve the rest for the shrimp)
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- ½ tsp roasted minced garlic (from the jar)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Extra water or olive oil for desired consistency
Ingredients – pasta and shrimp:
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized, shredded, or sliced into long noodle-like strips
- 1 small carton, pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 20 small – medium sized raw shrimp, cleaned & peeled
- ½ lime juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsps chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or small blender until smooth. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Place zucchini noodles and mushrooms in a large glass baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes, checking & tossing every 10 minutes until desired degree of doneness.
- While veggies roast, prepare the shrimp. In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, ½ teaspoon sea salt and 1-2 teaspoons chili powder.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat well.
- Bring a large skillet to high heat. Add shrimp cooking about 2 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and cover until ready to serve.
- Serve the veggies topped with Avocado Basil Sauce and Chile-Lime Shrimp.