Let’s be honest…there’s nothing worse than counting calories.
It’s tedious, boring and flat out lame.
However, sometimes there are just really no ways around it.
What if I told you that if you follow these 7 simple guidelines you’ll never have to count calories again?
Now, I’m telling you these rules are stupid simple. But that’s beauty of them. No need to complicate things, as that only makes things worse.
Okay, here are your 7 simple rules so you never have to count calories again:
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day. I prefer to ‘frontload my water intake earlier in the day, and then slowly taper it off later so I’m not up on night using the potty.
- Eat at least 5 servings of vegetable and 2-3 servings of fruit each day. As you know, fruit and veggies are packed with fiber which keeps you full longer. You can easily make a shake in the morning with fruit/veggies, a big salad for lunch, and a side of veggies for dinner and you’ve easily reached your goal.
- Eat 1-2 ounces of raw nuts per day. Raw nuts are a great source for protein and healthy fats, and will keep you full for hours. There are about 28 almonds in a 1 ounce serving.
- Don’t eat anything out of a box or package. With maybe a very few tiny exceptions, absolutely nothing good [i.e. healthy] comes out of a box. When you’re in the grocery store, stay clear of the middle aisles and instead focus on the perimeter where you will find meats, dairy, and produce.
- Use a smaller plate. Numerous research studies have shown that if you eat off of a smaller plate, your much more likely to consume less calories. Instead of grabbing the big dinner plate, use the smaller salad plate to fill up with.
- Fill up your plate with veggies and protein first. Whether you’re eating a homemade meal or eating out at a buffet, always fill up your plate with veggies and protein first. This allows you to automatically keep your calories lower, as opposed to if you filled up a majority of your plate first with starchy carbs. Also, eat your veggies and protein first that way you’ll be fuller before you start chomping down on other food items.
- What the heck does that mean? You’ve got enough stress in your life right now I’m sure, no need to drive yourself crazy worrying about every little minor detail. Focus on following these stupid simple guidelines above, and I promise you’ll be just fine J
Cheers to keeping it stupid simple,