Active time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Yield: 4-6 servings |
- 1 (1 ½ pound) T-Bone steak, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 7 large Portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F (convection if you have it)
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large roasting pan on the burner at medium high until hot.
- Drizzle oil over the steak and use your fingers or a brush to spread it evenly over the steak and on the sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip the steak and repeat on the other side.
- Sear the steak and the rosemary for 30 seconds. It should sizzle immediately. Flip and sear the other side for 30 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, onions, and toss in the pan with the remaining olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the steak and vegetables out of the oven and transfer them to a large cutting board.
- Tent them loosely with aluminum foil and let the steak rest for about 15 minutes.
- Slice the steak and fan slices out on each plate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!