It’s truly amazing what you can achieve with simple dietary choices. Health, physique, and beauty is an “inside-out” type of deal (oh boy, I could get real deep on that note, but I won’t!)
The dietary choices you make every day will positively or negatively affect your health which has a direct affect on your skin, hair, and nails—factors that reign supreme in looking (and being) youthful and vibrant.
There are many ways to keep you looking young. Here are 3 very simple dietary choices to help you skin glow:
- Drink Water Every Day! You hear about this a lot. It’s extremely important. Your body is 73% water, after all, and nearly every body process requires water in order to take place-including regenerating healthy, clear skin. Aim for 3 L of purified water every day. You’ll notice your skin is smoother, plumper, and hydrated (no more dry scales flaking off!) within just a few weeks!
- Eat Whole, Organic Fruits and Vegetables Everyday! You hear this a lot, too. I know. It’s one of the easiest way to meet so many of your health, fitness, and beauty goals—the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytochemical, fiber, and so much more contribute to the healthy state of your hair, skin, and nails. Try building your plate around a variety of veggies. Choose 2-4 as the base of your meal. Add some lean protein and healthy fat. It’s that simple! Speaking of fat…
- Eat Healthy Fats Everyday! The type of fat found in whole foods such as coconut, avocado, raw nuts and seeds, olives, even cold water fish like Salmon, provide your body the materials (fatty acids) needed to support the structure of EVERY cell in the body—including your skin. Want that supple, soft glow to your body and face? Desire strong, shiny hair and beautiful nails? Incorporate 1-2 tablespoons of healthy fat into every meal each day.
Bonus: Here’s a yummy recipe for Clear Vibrant Skin that incorporates all 3 of my tips. Enjoy!
Clear Skin Smoothie
- 8 oz. coconut water – in addition to antioxidants that repair skin, tropical waters contain a type of phytohormone that plays a role in anti-aging
- ½ avocado, cubed – rich in Omega-9 fatty acids which are one of the building blocks for healthy skin
- 3 large carrots, cubed – high amounts of vitamins & minerals that support the body’s defense against UV damage
- 1 mango, peeled, cubed – High in Vitamin C needed for making collagen and therefore, elasticity!
- 1 cucumber, cubed – super hydrating, plus it has anti-inflammatory properties
- Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
**Place all ingredients in a Blender, NutriBullet, or Vitamix. Blend until desired consistency is achieved. Enjoy immediately for greatest nutritional benefits.