After reading Monday’s article about overcoming struggles in his life, my friend responded with this BIG question:
“Thank you Craig, you always seem to know what to say and how to say it. I have a couple of follow up questions. What should a daily routine of studying copy consist of? What are some copy writing courses I should pick up? Anything else that can make me the best at copy writing?”
1) First, you need to figure out your offer and market. For most people in the fitness industry, it’s the women 35-55 age range. That’s the best market.
2) Once you have decided that is the one, study copy from:
– Shaun Hadsall
– Jon Benson
– Joel Marion
– Kyle Leon
– 6MinutestoSkinny.com (our winning offer at ETR)
NOTE: If this is NOT your marketplace, simply find the best copy IN your market and study it!
Then dig into these books…
3) Read Great Leads by Michael Masterson
4) Read The Architecture of Persuasion by Michael Masterson
5) Read Scientific Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
6) Study copy for 2 hours a day every day. That will get you 500 hours this year, then 1000 hours next year. You’ll “get it” after your first hundred hours.
7) You don’t need expensive courses right now. Here’s what you’ll do instead:
Action Steps that will help you improve your copy & make BIG money
#1 – Study other converting offers in your market
#2 – Send lots of emails to your list.
#3 – Track your numbers (opens, clicks, sales).
#4 – Identify hot buttons (what gets attention & makes them take action?)
#5 – Study other converting offers in your market
#6 – Study MORE converting offers in your market
#7 – Improve your copy.
#8 – Test everything again.
#9 – Create your Internet Moneyball System.
#10 – Get affiliates to test your winning emails.
#11 – Then we can think about planning a real launch
This is your checklist for success,
Do not say, “Oh, I can’t do that.” Do not proclaim, “I’m not good at that.” You can always get better…Change your belief in yourself. Create a plan to improve in skills and relationships that really matter…”To get something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.” – #truth