Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. It’s always the 2nd Monday of October…
Most of us ‘Canucks’ celebrate with a big meal on Sunday evening and then enjoy weather outdoor activities on Monday in the fresh fall air. Today looks to be sunny, but cool, here on the Ballantyne farm, and we have lots of folks – and pooches, like ol’ Bally the Dog – running around the house.
I’ll sneak out to the garage for a workout bright and early…and you can join me in training & Thanksgiving, wherever you are in the world. By the way, have you ever heard of my Gratitude Journal? It’s a lil’ journal we put together that shows you how to appreciate what you have in life. This daily habit takes just 5 minutes and will make you happier and more content.
Read more about the Gratitude Journal happy habit here <= and see a picture of me in a suit!
One long-time, 10 year TT Member, Blake said this about his new gratitude writing habit:
“I’ve been writing out my gratitude lately and I notice I am happier. When people ask how I am doing. I used to say ‘Good’, but now I notice I’m saying ‘Great’ or ‘Fantastic’.”
It’s a great way to start or end your day, and to appreciate the little things in life that matter so much. Like these fat burning bodyweight workouts! 🙂
Here are 3 workouts that take just a little longer than the Gratitude Journal.
A) The 7-Minute Big 7 Workout
1) Total Body Extension – 45 seconds, rest 15 seconds
2) Prisoner Squat – 45 seconds, rest 15 seconds
3) Pull-up or TRX Bodyweight Row or Plank – 45 seconds, rest 15 seconds
4) Spiderman Pushup or Close-Grip Pushup – 45 seconds, rest 15 seconds
5) Prisoner Walking Lunge – 45 seconds, rest 15 seconds
6) Mountain Climber – 60 seconds
7) Jumping Jacks – 60 seconds
– If you need extra rest, feel free to take it.
– Do the toughest version of the exercise that you can handle.
– Just do one circuit for a 7-minute workout.
– Or rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times for a 20 minute workout.
– Or…see below for a surprise to the question I know you’re going to have.
B) The Tough Twosome 7-Minute Workout (ok, 7 minutes & 30 seconds)
1A) Prisoner Squats – 45 seconds
1B) Decline Pushups – 45 seconds (or whatever pushup you can do)
– Go back and forth between these two exercises.
– Rest as little as possible, but as much as needed, within the 45 seconds.
– Do 5 rounds for a 7.5 minute basic-but-effective fat burning workout.
C) The Max Burpee Test (Advanced Only)
– Do as many burpees as you can in 7 minutes.
– I did this last week at the end of a longer bodyweight workout.
– I did 55 burpees in sets of 12, 8, 6, 8, 6, 8, and 7.
– If you are fit, I bet you can beat me.
– DISCLAIMER: This is advanced and you must do perfect reps only!
Now I know what the advanced readers are thinking. Can I put all three of these workouts together in one 20-ish minute workout?
Yes. Enjoy! Give thanks for the workouts!
And have gratitude for all that you have in life.
Back with more workouts soon.
Thankful and grateful for you,
Craig “I clean up real nice” Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – Monday’s Kickbutt Motivation
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Don’t dwell on past mistakes as that will get you nowhere. Focus on what you can and WILL do today, tomorrow, and the rest of your life, and all of the great things that will happen because of your actions.
Don’t wait for the ‘time to be right’ (because that will be too late) to take action on your big goals and dreams.
If there’s something you really want to do, then find a way to do it now. You can change. Start today. And never give up! I believe in YOU.