This week’s theme is about exercises to STOP doing. Here’s why I’m doing this.
Some common exercises are downright dangerous. Many others are simply a waste of your time.
And since I know you’re busy and you have past injuries to work around, it’s my mission in life to make sure you get amazing results without wasting a single second of your day…or putting you at risk of getting hurt.
Tomorrow you’ll discover my legendary “abdominal exercise substitution list”, but today we’ll kick-start the week with a funny and educational video about:
Once you’ve watched that free youtube video, you’re ready to get set up with your free Monday Morning 7-Minute Weight Loss Circuit using my TT-approved Big-5 system.
The Big-5 exercise system includes the following moves:
- A Squat
- A Pull (like a rowing exercise or pull-up)
- A Push (using either pushups or dumbbells)
- A Single-Leg Exercise (1-leg hip extensions for beginners, lunges for advanced)
- A Total Body Ab Move (planks, mountain climbers, etc.)
So using that system, your specific Monday AM session goes like this:
The Big-5 Workout
– Beginner option is listed first; An advanced option is listed second
– Do each exercise for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds before the next move
– Go through the circuit 1-3 times (takes about 7 minutes per circuit)
1A) Bodyweight Squat or Goblet Squat
1B) Band Pull or TRX Bodyweight Row or Dumbbell Chest-Supported Row
1C) Wall Pushup or Decline Pushup or Dumbbell Incline Press
1D) 1-Leg Hip Extension or Dumbbell Reverse Lunge (45-sec per side)
1E) Plank or Cross-Body Mountain Climber
1F) Bonus Move: Side Plank (20 seconds per side)
As you can see, you don’t need crunches or bodybuilder bench presses to lose weight and work every single muscle in your body.
So kick those dangerous and useless exercises to the curb…and stick to what works!
Taking care of your body in so many ways,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – You CAN do it.
Here’s why…when you have these 5 pillars in place, success is guaranteed!
- Better Planning and Preparation than EVER before => i.e. my proven workouts
- Professional Accountability => Ol’ CB, your coach
- Positive Social Support => Good people that care about you
- A Meaningful Incentive => A deep, meaningful reason for why you want to change
- The Big Deadline => Set a plan to stick to your program for the next 30 days
You can – and WILL – do it. We believe in you!
So “Never Stop, Never Stopping!” as the kids are saying these days.
Always keep moving ahead. Fail forward. Everything you do gets you closer to your goals.
Stay strong and push on!