Imagine having tight and toned triceps.
Imagine being able to win every pushup competition with your friends.
Imagine having the strength you need to do anything you want this summer.
You bet it does.
And so we’re going to borrow a little test I learned from my friend, Martin Rooney, and use something called the 3-minute pushup challenge today.
Do this challenge and see how you score.
And when you’re done, and after you’ve had at least two days off, here’s the 5-minute “Pushup Finisher” you can add to your workouts once per week to get better at this test. Enjoy!
5-Minute Pushup Finisher
1) Maximus Pushups (pause 1 second at top and bottom) – 60 seconds
2) Iron Cross Hold – 30 seconds
3) Plank to Triceps Extension (aka Sphinx Pushup) – 30 seconds
– Rest 30 seconds and repeat 1 more time.
Talk about an amazing upper body pump.
You’re going to LOVE it!
Let me know what you think,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – Did you see me on…
…the #1 ranked Health & Fitness podcast talking about my new book, The Great Cardio Myth?
Listen to this incredible interview here
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why cardio machine are lying to us.
- The impact that conventional cardio exercise has on appetite.
- How basic dieting compares to doing hours of cardio.
- Where the idea of doing more aerobic exercise for better health originated.
- How low-fat, high-carb diets got advocated along with conventional cardio.
- Whether or not you can outrun a pizza.
- The truth about how overuse injuries occur.
- Why the treadmill creates abnormal walking and running movements.
- The shocking influence that conventional cardio can have on heart health.
- How high intensity interval training compares to strict cardio in clinical trials.
- What to do if you’ve only got 3 days a week (and less than 30 minutes) to exercise each week.
- How to train if you want to build muscle mass and if you DON’T want to build muscle mass.
- The real reason so many people gravitate towards cardio for exercise (truth bomb!).
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- The Perfect Day Formula – With Guest Craig Ballantyne
- Can you outrun a pizza?
- The One Minute Workout – With Guest Dr. Martin Gibala
- Get Your Body Organized – With Guest Dr. Kelly Starrett
- Deadly Calories – With Guest Jonathan Bailor
- Connect with Craig Ballantyne online Facebook / Twitter
- The Cardio Myth ⇐ Get the new book here!