What a party!
We’re still recovering from last night’s amazing SuperBowl party at my friend Joel Marion’s home near Tampa. He had over 140 (!) people at his house last night for the big game…and all of them were in business with him in one way or another, because…
Joel is the best affiliate recruiter in the fitness industry (or any Internet industry I can think of). Because of his generosity, he’s built a 9-figure supplement business by making money with his friends.
And that’s what affiliate marketing is — making money with friends.
It’s the greatest gig in the world…even better than being a rock star.
Joel can teach you a lot about getting affiliates…and here are his 10 rules on making money with friends. – Craig
10 Rules for Getting NEW Affiliates
- Introduce yourself to new affiliates and PRAISE THEM
- Highlight your credibility
- Ask for review copy of one of their products – tell them you’d love to write a review that they can use however they’d like
Offer to help them in other ways (promoting their product, guest blog post, website stuff…whatever you can offer… there IS some way you can help)
- Show them you actually know who they are. Make it personal.
- Major objective is to get them on the phone (much more personal and effective)
- Don’t be long winded
- Be REAL, be personable
- NEVER, EVER ask someone you have not at least had one “live” conversation with to promote your product.
- Become a friend first, help them first, then it will naturally come back to you.
- Recruit relationships, not affiliates!
And here’s a SUPER cool BONUS for you…it’s Joel’s “Affiliate Contact Template” that helped him have a $300,000 launch way back in 2009 during the first 3 days he ever sold anything. Joel proves that anything is possible when you make money with friends. Use this to get started:
Basic Affiliate Contact Email Template
Subject: Hey < affiliate name>,<your name> from <your website/publication you contribute to>
Hey < affiliate name>,
<Your Name> from < Your site or publication you write for> here. Been a fan of your stuff for a long time and thought it was about time I finally reached out to you!
You may or may not be familiar with me, but I’m/I’ve <highlight your credibility/accomplishments>
– I have a newsletter that goes out to X number of extremely responsive subscribers
– I regularly write for X publication
– I’m a certified X who has X (highlight accomplishments)
Anyway, if you have a couple of minutes to spare, I’d love to get on the phone one day this week to chat about setting up an interview to promote your product and some other ways I might be able to help you and your business.
Do you have time on <specific date>, say <specific time>? Let me know if that works for you!
Look forward to helping you anyway I can.
Keep killing it, < affiliate name >!
< Your Name >
P.S. By the way, loved your newsletter the other week about < Fill in newsletter topic >….. < comment on newsletter >
Treat your affiliates like gold,
“Find partners and team members who are strong where you are weak and who appreciate being paid on results.” – Yanik Silver, Maverick Business Rule