What a party.
We’re still recovering from Saturday’s party at my friend Joel Marion’s home near Tampa. He had over 20 people at his house to swim in the pool, ride the jet skis, and enjoy great food & drink…all thanks to the Internet Lifestyle that many of the party attendees (like myself) are able to live.
We count our Internet business blessings every day. Joel and I are extremely lucky to be able to “make money with our friends” thanks to our online businesses that we can run from anywhere in the world.
Joel stands out as my greatest and most successful coaching client of all time. He’s always been the BEST affiliate recruiter in any industry I can think of. Because of his generosity, he’s built a very successful supplement business – FAST – by helping his friends (affiliates) make a LOT of money promoting his incredible offers.
And that’s what affiliate marketing is — making money with friends.
It’s the greatest gig in the world…even better than being a rock star.
Joel can teach you a lot about getting affiliates…and here are his 10 rules on making money with friends. – Craig
10 Rules for Getting NEW Affiliates
- Introduce yourself to new affiliates and PRAISE THEM
- Highlight your credibility
- Ask for review copy of one of their products – tell them you’d love to write a review that they can use however they’d like and offer to help them in other ways (promoting their product, guest blog post, website stuff…whatever you can offer… there IS some way you can help)
- Show them you actually know who they are. Make it personal.
- Major objective is to get them on the phone (much more personal and effective)
- Don’t be long winded
- Be REAL, be personable
- NEVER, EVER ask someone you have not at least had one “live” conversation with to promote your product.
- Become a friend first, help them first, then it will naturally come back to you.
- Recruit relationships, not affiliates!
And here’s a SUPER cool BONUS for you…it’s Joel’s “Affiliate Email Contact Template” that helped him have a $300,000 launch way back
in 2009 during the first 3 days he ever sold anything. Joel proves that anything is possible when you make money with friends. Use this to get started:
Basic Affiliate Contact Email Template
Subject: Hey < affiliate name>,<your name> from <your website/publication you contribute to>
Hey < affiliate name>,
<Your Name> from < Your site or publication you write for> here. Been a fan of your stuff for a long time and thought it was about time I finally reached out to you!
You may or may not be familiar with me, but I’m/I’ve <highlight your credibility/accomplishments>
– I have a newsletter that goes out to X number of extremely responsive subscribers
– I regularly write for X publication
– I’m a certified X who has X (highlight accomplishments)
If you have a couple of minutes to spare, I’d love to get on the phone one day this week to chat about setting up an interview to promote your product and some other ways I might be able to help you and your business.
Do you have time on <specific date>, say <specific time>? Let me know if that works for you!
Look forward to helping you anyway I can.
Keep killing it, < affiliate name >!
< Your Name >
P.S. By the way, loved your newsletter the other week about < Fill in newsletter topic >….. < comment on newsletter >
It’s that simple to get started.
Be generous, like Joel, and…
Treat your affiliates like gold,
“Find partners and team members who are strong where you are weak and who appreciate being paid on results.” – Yanik Silver, Maverick Business Rule #11