Seriously. There’s hardly any difference. That’s why it’s such a waste of time. The reality is you burn only 231 calories per hour walking on a treadmill. That’s about 2 pieces of bread and a smidgen of peanut butter. Even if you jog for 30 minutes you only burn 238 calories.
If you really want to burn a lot of fat, you need to use these Calorie Burn Acceleration circuits from Certified TT Trainer, Kate Vidulich. In just 10 minutes you can burn almost 200 calories. Do a few more of these and you’ll burn almost 1000 calories per workout (that’s almost TWO Big Macs).
Here’s an Intermediate Level Calorie Burn Accelerator from Kate…
Metabolic Density Training
– Do 20 seconds per exercise with 10 second rest = 1 round
– Do not rest between exercises
– Do all rounds of the exercise before moving to the next
A) Inverted Rows – 4 rounds of 20-10
B) Total Body Extension – 8 rounds of 20-10
C) Jump Rope – 8 rounds of 20-10
Here are 3 quick tips on the correct form for Total Body Extensions:
– Only do a quarter squat. This is a conditioning move, so the idea is to do quick, powerful reps.
– Squeeze your glutes, calves and shoulder blades together as you explode up
– Brace your core hard the entire time. This will help you control the movement and get more quality reps.
Think that’s too easy? Alright champ, try out this Accelerator!
Workout 2: Elite 10 Minute Workout from the 1000 Calorie System
Calorie Burn Fat Loss Accelerator
– Do as many reps as possible in 45 seconds with perfect form
– Rest 15 seconds between exercises
– Repeat for 2 rounds (10 minutes total)
A) Walkout to Push Up
B) Ski Jumps
C) Prisoner Reverse Lunge (alternating)
D) Squat Thrusts
E) KB or DB Swings
Here are 3 quick tips on the correct form for Squat Thrusts:
– Keep your core muscles engaged throughout the exercise.
– Do not allow your back to round… ever!
– If you have limited mobility, raise your hands onto a bench or step
To get all of the exercises and workouts in FULL detail:
Burn it up,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – What are you waiting for? Start NOW!
“You can never get momentum if you never get moving. If anything is going to stop you, don’t let it be the start.” – Martin Rooney
“Discipline and freedom are not mutually exclusive but mutually dependent because otherwise, you’d sink into chaos.” – Paulo Coelho
Stay strong and keep on pushing on. Control what you can…but don’t waste energy on things you can’t change (like the past).
Forgive yourself for this weekend and MOVE ON!