I hope you had a great Thanksgiving week.
I did. But as I was reflecting on thankfulness, gratitude, and family, I realized we’re just getting to know each other, and I haven’t told you much about me. 🙂
I was born, raised, and trained as a chef in the South of France, and it’s only at age 28 that I came to America to work in a high-end French restaurant in Tampa, Florida.
Which reminds me of a funny story…
That year during a local, live TV appearance on Thanksgiving day, the news anchor asked me how the French celebrated Thanksgiving! Completely caught off-guard, I responded politely as the cameras kept rolling, but you should have seen my face!
Of course, Thanksgiving is the quintessential American Holiday (For the record: there is no Thanksgiving, in France!) and I’m thankful to be an American now, and thankful for my entire family.
I love to cook for them during the Holidays, even though I am also busy with my catering company. (I included my Thanksgiving menu at the end of this email. You won’t believe how long it is! LOL)
Before I sign off, I need to tell you how thankful I am to count you among my Eat More, Burn More family. Since I wrote my second cookbook, your response has been overwhelming and humbling. Thank you so much.
I have great plans for us. And I can’t wait to unveil the next Eat More, Burn More project, which is coming up in January. It’s going to make your life so much easier!
My 2015 Thanksgiving Menu
- Gorgonzola and Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Sautéed Jumbo Shrimp with Garlic, Parsley and Lemon
Soup and Salad
- Fall Squash Soup with Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Presented in a huge carved pumpkin! 🙂
- Watermelon, Cucumber, and Marcona Almond Salad with a Light Sherry Dressing
Turkey & Gravy
- Three Roasted Heritage Turkeys with Healthy Gravy
- Gluten-Free Stuffing with Sausage, Apricots and Pistachios
- Green Bean Casserole and Caramelized Pecans
- Roasted Carrots with Cumin and Golden Raisins
- Rainbow Roasted Vegetables with Basil, Goat cheese, and Fig Glaze
- Traditional Sweet Potato casserole with Pecans
- Healthy Mac and Cheese
- Cranberry Relish
- Jalapeño-Scallion Cornbread
- Berry Salad
- Pecan and Bourbon Bread Pudding
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- Upside-Down Apple Pie
- Chocolate, Caramel and Walnut Pie