Amazon makes a lot of money off me with all of the books I buy, but it is always money well spent. I recently read a great business book, “The Richest Man in Town” (RMIT).
In RMIT, the author interviews the richest person in 50 of America’s largest cities, and they give a no-fluff account of the traits that allowed them to get incredibly wealthy.
1) Owning their own business (“stop working for the man as soon as you can”, they all said)
2) Working a lot (at least 60 hours per week)
3) Focusing on VALUE creation, not making money
4) Focusing on their unique talents and abilities and delegating everything else
5) Partnering only with those who bring something critical to the table
6) Getting addicted to ambition
7) Persistence. Never giving up. In fact, most of them believe that persistence is the ONLY reason they have gotten farther ahead in life than other people.
But simple persistence.
And I believe it.
Because when I talk to my friends who are making money online, they all share stories of persistence. Every online success story goes through a “Dip”, where they work for a while without reward before finally making things click.
Millionaires aren’t overnight success stories. They are years in the making.
And one of the areas where more website owners need persistence is in the art of writing ad copy.
Too many folks think they can throw a generic program description up on a website and that it will bring them in the big bucks.
That’s wishful thinking.
You need to use a simple copywriting system and you need to be persistent – constantly testing and improving your sales copy.
So I’ve got something for you.
I recommend that you spend a couple of hours reviewing this free ad copy teleseminar that I did a while back:
And you can download notes for the call here:
Now I’ll admit, I did this a couple of years back and most of the examples I use are from the fitness industry, but it’s evergreen information that I have charged $97 for in the past.
You’ll discover how to incorporate your story and personality into your copy that will allow you to connect with your readers. Without that powerful connection, your website would struggle. I wish it weren’t the case, but that is the harsh reality.
So get started on learning how to write copy with those free resources.
“The most important single quality of success is self-discipline. Self-discipline is having the ability within yourself, based on your strength of character and willpower, to do what you should do when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.” – Brian Tracy