7 Fun Ways to Relax & Overcome Stress
It’s time to chillax – reconnect, calm your mind, and boost the spirit of playfulness.
Here Are 7 Fun Ways to De-Stress:
- Dance Around: moving to the beat is one of the most fun ways to reduce stress, cut loose and get those feel-good biochemicals pumping. So groove, jam or keep dabbin’ – just like Colorado’s own Super Bowl MVP, Von Miller!
- Soak It In: water + heat = soothing relaxation. Add in some bubbles and a little aromatherapy and you will be in stress-free heaven. Lavender oil is great for both physical and emotional stress while Rose relieves emotional stress.
- Laugh It Up: “Laughter is by far the most fun way to reduce stress!” – Missi Holt.
She must know what she’s talking about! 😉 Watch a funny movie, go see a comedian, or even pull up your favorite clips on YouTube and just laugh until it hurts.
- Book (I mean, Wine) Club: Reading on the porch or curled up on your favorite chaise allows your body to power down while your mind can escape into the pages of a good book. It doesn’t hurt to enjoy a nice glass of wine too!
- Book a Massage: That calm, feel-good, relaxed state is a result of the combined power of healing bodywork, deep breathing, and the release of endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine that literally reduces the stress response, lowers blood pressure, and eases tension everywhere in the body – especially in your mind.
- Get Creative: Engaging in visual creativity such as painting, drawing, coloring, photography, or pottery stimulates the right side of the brain giving you a vital outlet for expression. Studies show that visual arts, even singing and dancing, trigger a physiological response that reduces stress, boosts immune function, and improves flow, spontaneity, and mood. Go ahead, bust out those crayons, paints, or pencils and create your own Van Gogh!
- Go Outside: “Smelling the roses” isn’t just a metaphor; it literally reduces your stress – airborne chemicals in nature called phytoncides have a powerful effect on reducing anxiety and creating a sense of relaxation. Plus, fresh air clears your lungs so you can breathe deeper, and sunlight triggers serotonin and Vitamin D production–all of which has a hand in enhancing energy, mental clarity and immune system function.
We all know the importance of taking care of ourselves, reducing stress, and having fun. These 7 ways to de-stress will help you unwind and boost the playfulness in your life in no time!
In Love & Gratitude,