Sometimes feel like I spend a lot of time and energy trying to reach my goals. I bet you do too.
Think of the top 3 goals you’re working on right now. Fitness, Nutrition, Stress Reduction, Relationships, Career…
Isn’t it awesome to dream big? I get excited about life when I think about my dreams of helping others, evolving my personal life and developing healthy, lasting relationships!
But, do you ever feel like you’re pouring a lot of time and energy into meeting a goal only to hit a roadblock?
I know I do. It happens to even the most successful people.
And it will happen to you.
When it does, it’s tempting to allow a voice of panic creep into your thinking that spews a stream of negativity perpetuating your deepest fears of inadequacy. It can totally derail you. Been there. Done that.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
I know first hand that you can reclaim your personal power and bust through those mental barriers! Coaches, Speakers, CEOs, and Leaders of all kinds know and employ these simple tricks that keep them consistently moving forward through the toughest of obstacles.
Do these 3 things the next time you feel stuck or like you’ve taken a step back toward reaching your goals:
1. Re-Assess your goals:
- Are they too lofty or broad creating a sense of overwhelm?
- Are they too vague to give any true direction?
- Are they aligned with what you really want in life?
2. Break your goals down into tiny baby steps:
- Make them so small that it’s impossible to not accomplish each step
- Make them SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound
- Make it fun!
3. Celebrate every step of the way:
- Every little completion toward your larger goal is a win that needs to be celebrated
- Even seeming setbacks are wins—you now have the opportunity to discern a healthier, easier, better path to reaching the next step of your larger goal.
- Every step gives you the chance to check in and observe if you’re still on course. If you’ve veered or your goals have changed cycle back up to step one and keep moving forward!
Achieving your goals really is a moment-to-moment journey—that nugget of truth has kept me moving through lots of unexpected changes that could have caused me to throw in the towel.
But instead I choose regular reflection, a healthy perspective, and being open to re- direction. When you choose this path it allows you to see roadblocks not as actual barricades, but divine opportunities to assess the next most beneficial step in your
Start today with these simple steps.
Get mindful. Stay curious. Be encouraging. You can do this!
In Love & Gratitude,
P.S. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” –Golda Meir