Inspired by a recent post from my colleague, Chef Gui, I decided to play around with his 3-step formula to create some fun dips, dinner toppers, and snack spreads of my own…
Chef is an incredibly creative and passionate food writer, author, and Master of the Kitchen – he’s always whipping up amazing, healthy, delicious meals that I can’t help but drool over.
I love how he demystifies the preparation and cooking process – making it simple and inviting. What a gift!
If you haven’t seen his article sharing his 3-Step Formula to Whip Up Any Dip or Spread, you need to check it out. It’s such a simple way to get inspired in the kitchen – you’ll transform your go-to meals by topping them with fun new flavors!
Here are some of the experiments I have created that received rave reviews from the family…
Lemon-Zested Ricotta = whole milk ricotta + Lemon zest + sea salt & black pepper. I put this on my roasted kale salad and sunny side up egg (omg was that good!)
Roasted Kale Salad with Sunny Eggs & Lemon Zested Ricotta
Active time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Yield: 2 servings |
- 1 bunch fresh kale, leaves torn from the stem into small pieces
- ½ pound fresh Crimini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into 1-inch strips
- 2 whole carrots, washed and grated
- ¼ cup fresh green peas
- 1 lemon, zest reserved
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- sea salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
Roast the Veggies:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place mushrooms on a small roasting pan or glass baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder then toss well to coat.
- Place torn kale leaves on a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with seas salt. Massage kale with hands (I use nitrile gloves) to soften the kale and coat with oil.
- Roast the mushrooms and the kale for 8-10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Make sure the kale does not burn.
While veggies roast, prepare other ingredients:
- Season the ricotta with the zest of one lemon, ¼ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix well then set aside.
- Heat a skillet, add a little olive oil and toss the peas into the pan. Sauté for just 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a little more oil if needed then crack open two eggs without breaking the yolk. Cook until desired degree of doneness (I like a fully cooked white but a runny yolk).
Assemble the salad:
- Place ½ the Kale onto a plate (or in a large bowl)
- Add mushrooms, carrot, bell pepper, and peas
- Top with ½ cup of Lemon Zested Ricotta
- Finish with a Sunny Egg
Avocado, Lime & Basil = fresh avocado + lime juice and fresh basil + sea salt & black pepper
- Dipped with grilled shrimp, cucumber, carrot, and bell peppers sticks (another winner!)
Herbed Walnut Butter Crumble = walnut butter + crushed fresh thyme + maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt
- Topped onto fresh pear slices (okay- I’m serious when I say this tastes like a pear crumble!)
Chef’s Quick 3-Step Formula has helped me to think outside the box and infuse my favorite go-to meals with even more flavor and variety. I’m having so much fun in the kitchen again!
Click here to check out his 3-Step formula so you never have another boring meal again… Cheers!
In Love & Gratitude,