I’ve been using this little-known cooking secret for years to eat rice and never gain an ounce of fat…
You see, most people think that rice makes you fatter, but when it’s cooked correctly it can be healthy.
I use brown Basmati rice and cook it a certain way.
You may not know this, but brown Basmati rice that is just steamed actually has a lower glycemic index than any other rice, especially if it’s slightly undercooked — which means brown Basmati rice can help you control blood sugar more than many other healthy foods you’re probably eating, and thus make you lose fat.
These are some of my best cooking secrets:
- Never eat instant or parboiled rice.
- Never eat rice pudding, or sticky rice.
- Never eat sushi or round grain rice.
- Never eat white rice.
- Never eat rice cereals or puffed rice.
To be able to eat rice without gaining weight you must:
- Only use brown Basmati rice or wild rice.
- Cook it as little as possible (so it doesn’t become “starchy”).
- Always rinse the rice prior to cooking (gets rid of the unwanted starch).
- Add beans to it once cooked, or leafy green vegetables, or other high-fiber ingredients.
- If possible: chill the rice after cooking, refrigerate it, and then reheat it (This lowers the glycemic index even further!).
Only then you can enjoy rice again without fear of gaining weight.
Perfect Fat-Burning Rice
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups brown Basmati rice
- 3 cups of water (or chicken stock)
- Wash the rice (Important!): Rinse under cold running water, rubbing the grains together between the palms of your hands; continue this rinsing until the water runs fairly clear.
- Place rice in a saucepan and add water. Cover. Heat up over high heat.
- As soon as the rice boils, reduce heat to medium-low and keep simmering for 30 minutes or according to manufacturer’s instructions minus 5 minutes (that way the rice will be a bit crunchy and less starchy)
- Remove pot from burner but keep the lid on. Let the rice steam undisturbed for 10 minutes. Add beans, vegetables, herbs, spinach, or other high-fiber items as desired. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving