Merry Christmas. I have one more workout gift for you today before we break for the holidays. It’s a simple strategy that will help you burn calories, reduce holiday-stress, and make you feel better – all in 1 minute.
Yes, just 1-minute.
The NY Times recently reported that a “lovely new study found that a single-minute of intense exercise improves health & fitness”. Of course, that study needed a fancy bike that you can only find in research labs, but we can take the findings and give you a bodyweight substitution.
Here are your 1-Minute workout options for the holidays. When you are feeling stressed, when you need an energy boost, and when you are about to sit down to a high-calorie meal, take a minute and slip away to get your daily 1-minute workout & energy boost.
The 1-Minute Christmas Workouts
By Craig and Bally
Option A: The Total Body Extension Blast
– Simply do 60 seconds of the Total Body Extension…you should be able to do 40 repetitions…and your quads will be burning, your breathing and heart rate will increase dramatically, and the blood will be flowing faster…giving you a big time energy boost. It’s the least fancy of our options.
Option B: The Push-up Drop-Set
– Advanced: Do as many Spiderman Pushups as you can (alternating sides). If you tire out, switch to Close-Grip Pushups. If you tire out again, switch to regular Pushups. And if you tire out again, hold the top of the Pushup Plank position until the minute is over.
– Beginner: Do as many Pushups as you can, then drop to your knees and do Kneeling Pushups. If you tire out, hold the top of the Pushup Plank position until the minute is over.
Option C: The 1-Minute Triathlon
1A) Total Body Extension or Bodyweight Squat – 20 seconds
1B) The Hardest Pushup You Can Do – 20 seconds
1C) Run-In-Place – 20 seconds
That’s it. One minute to better health, boosted calorie burning, and less holiday stress…even if your ‘hick cousin Eddie and his family show up and live in their camper in front of your house’ <= actually happened to my friend Clark
And yes, of course, you can combine all of these into a “really long” 3-minute circuit if you want. Enjoy. Another Christmas workout gift from ol’ CB and Bally the Dog and all of us here at Turbulence Training.
If you liked those little workouts, you’ll love what the 4-minute, 8-minute and 12-minute Home Workout Revolution bodyweight programs will do for your post-holiday fat loss.
Treat yourself this Christmas, it only takes 1 minute.
Merry Christmas my friend,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – Here’s one more 1-Minute trick to ease stress & boost your health…
One of the biggest changes I’ve made in my life over the last two years has been the addition of daily meditation. I haven’t missed a day since January 28th, 2013.
Meditation has helped me slow down, become more patient, reduce stress, and appreciate everything I have. If you’re interested in those benefits, here are two ways to take up this habit…
1) Do 1-Minute of Meditation every day till New Years. That’s all you need to do to start. Once you master 7-days of daily 1-Minute Meditation, then we can work on doing 3 minutes per day in 2015.
Here’s how to do it.
– Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
– Breathe through your belly, not your upper chest.
– Inhale 3 seconds through your nose.
– Exhale 5 seconds through your mouth (with a relaxed lower jaw).
– Repeat 7 more times.
Or if you want to try a little more…
2) Download an app called Headspace. It offers 10-minute guided meditations.
Wishing you an amazing holiday season no matter where you are in this great big world. I am so thankful that you read my silly little workout emails, that you ask me your questions on our Facebook page, that you invite me ‘into your house’ so we can do our workout videos together, and for sending me your success stories. I hope that you’ll continue to send us your feedback and that you’ll jump into our next Transformation Contest that starts Friday.
Off to give Bally a Christmas Eve walk and then relax with the family.
Have an amazing day!