Tempus fugit — and the sands of time keep falling. Faster and faster as you age. What you fail to do today, you may never have the chance to do again. How well are you living your life? How much are you putting off? Take a minute today to give yourself a “carpe diem” self-assessment.
Think about the past week and ask yourself: How many …
* hours did you spend working on your dream?
* pages of that novel did you write?
* bars of that song did you compose?
* words of that language did you learn?
* times did you say “I love you” to your lover?
* acts of kindness did you do?
* poems did you recite out loud?
* paintings did you study in peace?
* walks did you take by yourself?
* meals did you savor?
* songs did you sing?
* times did you dance?
* sunrises did you greet?
It’s not too late to start now. All these things are (a) easy to do, (b) cost-free, and (c) available to enjoy immediately.