Next time youre having trouble making a decision, run through this 6-step process:
1. Figure out what you want. What are the benefits that will come to you? Which of those is most important? Which can you live without?
2. Consider the the expense of indecision. If you cant make up your mind and do nothing, what will that cost you?
3. Depending on that expense, either set a deadline for making a decision or just decide not to make one at all. Communicate any deadline you decide upon to those concerned.
4. Consider the pros and cons, the risks and rewards. Figure out the worst possible outcome of any contemplated decision. Ask yourself what decision someone you admire would come to.
5. Ask the advice of someone who has had to make similarly tough decisions.
6. Keep to your decision deadline. Once you have decided, stay positive and dont second-guess yourself.