1. The colors… burnt orange, squash yellow, brick red, shades of brown and dark green… make me think of Thanksgiving and fall in general.
2. Pumpkins! The traditions of roasting pumpkin seeds and making delicious pie.
3. Working so hard all day to create a masterpiece of a meal… just to eat it in less than 30 minutes and then feel uncomfortably stuffed.
4. Visiting with family and friends and reminiscing about good times while you make new ones.
5. Laughing at the ridiculous decorative blow-up lawn turkeys and orange twinkle lights that emerge in my neighborhood.
6. Actually getting to use our good china, crystal, and silver for a meal. (Tell me, again, why I registered for all that stuff.)
7. Eating together at the dining room table.
8. Lingering over laughs, drinks, food, and fun instead of feeling rushed to clear the table and do the dishes.
9. Giving yourself “permission” to eat a huge meal at whatever time of the day you want. 1:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m. … or all three!
10. Taking a moment to reflect back on the past year and really appreciate all the joy, warmth, and wealth that we have in our lives.[Ed. Note: What is your #1 favorite thing about Thanksgiving? Let us know right here.]