1. Giving gifts and cards. (Of course, receiving gifts/cards is a great feeling too!)
2. Decorating the Christmas tree. It’s always so much fun.
3. Baking. This is when I can take my time to massively produce baked goodies, like gingerbread man cookies, cranberry scones, and pumpkin pies. Yum.
4. Getting together with my family. It’s a joy to spend time with them, especially the time we spend playing silly little games.
5. Listening to the Christmas songs. They bring up wonderful memories and lift everyone’s spirits. It gives me an excuse to act like a little kid again, singing “Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose…”
6. Seeing the Christmas lights around the neighborhood. When I lived in Hong Kong, they put lights up around the business buildings and skyscrapers. Here, most of the lights I see are on people’s houses. Both ways are beautiful!
7. Drinking a cup of nice hot chocolate to add some winter essence to this wonderful season. (If the weather gets cold enough for us to put on sweaters and coats down here in South Florida, it will be even better!)
8. My aunt’s secret recipe for homemade dinner rolls. I get to eat them only once a year.
9. Dressing up in red (a lot) and wearing a Santa Claus hat.
10. The reminder that Christmas is not just an ordinary holiday. This is when Jesus was born. It reminds me of how fortunate I am to be where I am now, and reminds me of all the great things and wonderful people that God has brought into my life.[Ed. Note: What is your #1 favorite thing about the holidays? Let us know right here.]