Today I’m cooking for my 5 children and the grill is my best option.
We love cooking on the grill. No stress, no mess. Nothing to clean. You just put together some protein and some veggies and you get an easy meal done for your hungry family.
The only thing you really need is ideas (hamburgers everyday? I don’t think so!).
How to grill for fat loss?
- Only choose lean proteins, fish or vegetables.
- Marinate your foods with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, lots of aromatics (like fresh herbs, garlic, spices), salt and pepper.
- Wait until your grill is hot (do not oil the grill) before you put the food on the grill.
- Grill the food until it’s nice and golden on the bottom side, then flip over once (no more!) and cover the grill then.
- Cook your food through, but do not overcook (if you can sacrifice a piece, cut it open, and use your common sense to judge doneness).
- Let the meat rest. That makes a huge difference.
5 best healthy foods to grill:
- All Mediterranean vegetables: eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, sweet peppers.
- “Oily” fish (full of healthful omega 3), such as salmon or cod.
- Lean fish: grouper, tuna, swordfish, or snapper.
- Unusual options: romaine lettuce (half lengthwise), sweet potatoes (cut into thick coins), Poblano peppers (a bit spicy), whole Portobello mushrooms, or okra.
- Lean proteins: flank steak, pork tenderloin, chicken breast, large shrimp.