Thank you for your interest in Early to Rise! Established in 2001, Early to Rise publishes proven strategies for improving the health, wealth, and productivity of high achievers, entrepreneurs, business leaders, marketing professionals, and those who strive to excel in work and life.
Please review the following guidelines carefully prior to submitting articles for consideration.
- Submitted articles must be original and exclusive to Early to Rise. We do not accept articles or segments of articles that have been published in print or online elsewhere.
- All editorial submissions should be relevant to our audience, be well researched, concise, and offer a creative and/or original point of view.
- Feature-type articles should range from 700 to 1,200 words (unless there is a compelling reason for a longer piece).
- Early to Rise retains the right to edit all content at its discretion. Once published, articles become the property of Early to Rise and cannot be republished (in print or online, in whole, part, or an altered form) without written permission.
- There is no additional compensation for republishing online, via social media, or in print.
Authors are encouraged to send query letters (less than 500 words) with a brief yet details summary of the article proposal, along with a debrief on your editorial experience and two published samples, if possible. Please understand that although we try to respond to all queries, the volume in which we receive submissions sometimes does not allow a response for every proposal. Please wait two weeks before reaching back out to our Editor.
Topics for solicited submissions will generally be pre-approved by an Early to Rise editor and a desired word count will be provided.
Copyrighting and permissions
Early to Rise will copyright all articles accepted for publication. In submitting work to Early to Rise for publication consideration, the author/submitter declares that the work is original and has not been published, nor is it currently under consideration for publication elsewhere in print or online.
It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material, including images, sound, and video files.
Acceptable file/format types
Please submit text in a Word document or a plain text editing format. PDF files are not acceptable. Images should be in JPEG or TIFF format, and resolution should be 300 dpi or higher. File names should not contain spaces and should include an extension identifying the file type (ie: .docx, .jpg, .tif) whether submitted via Windows or Macintosh platform. Include a professional headshot and quick bio to accompany your article.
Ready to send it?
Send submissions via email to email@example.com using the subject line “Submission Request.” Query emails without this subject will not be opened. Your message should include the author’s name, the title/topic of the article, and any relevant information about the author, including qualifications and contact information.