Thank you for your interest in joining the prestigious group of Early to Rise contributors!
Established in 2001, Early to Rise publishes proven strategies for improving the wealth and productivity of high achievers, entrepreneurs, business leaders, marketing professionals, and those who strive to excel in work and life.
Please review the following guidelines carefully prior to submitting articles for consideration. If submissions do not follow these guidelines, they will be immediately deleted. Please include the word “QUERY” in the subject line of your email.
- Submitted articles must be original and exclusive to Early to Rise. We do not accept previously published pieces or segments of articles that have been published elsewhere.
- All editorial submissions should be relevant to our audience, well researched, concise, and offer a creative and/or original point of view. Please review the most recent ETR articles on the home page for a sense of the voice and themes we are looking for. (NOTE: All fitness-related submissions will be deleted, as we are no longer focusing on this topic.)
- Feature-type articles should range from 700 to 1,200 words (unless there is a compelling reason for a longer piece).
- Early to Rise retains rights to edit all content at its discretion. Once published, articles become the property of Early to Rise and cannot be republished (in print or online, in whole, part, or an altered form) without written permission from our Editor.
- There is no additional compensation for republishing online, via social media, or in print.
- Please include at least three previously published pieces so we can get a sense of your writing history.
- We are currently publishing content in the areas of lifestyle (family, travel, work-life mix); self-improvement (motivation, productivity, skill development, time management); and wealth (careers, business, financial independence, investment, entrepreneurship)
As we receive a large number of submissions, our editors will respond only if we are interested in speaking more about your pitch. Please allow up to 6 weeks for a response.
Copyrighting and permissions
Early to Rise will copyright all articles accepted for publication. In submitting work to Early to Rise for publication consideration, the author/submitter declares that the work is original and has not been published, nor is it currently under consideration for publication elsewhere in print or online.
It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material, including images, sound, and video files.
Acceptable file/format types
Please submit text in a Word document. PDF files are not acceptable. Do not include your own images. Include a professional headshot and quick bio to accompany your article submission.
Ready to send it?
Send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Submission Request” or “Query.” Emails without this subject will not be opened. Your message should include the author’s name, the title/topic of the article, and any relevant information about the author, including qualifications and contact information.
Again, if we do not respond, please do not email us a follow-up email. Our editors scour through hundreds of submissions. If you feel as if another article of yours would perform better, please wait up to one month before resubmitting.