Content NeededETR currently needs personal finance/investment content and lifestyle content. Please read our guidelines below and send a query if you can offer content in these areas. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in joining the prestigious group of Early to Rise contributors!
Established in 2001, Early to Rise publishes proven strategies for improving the wealth and productivity of high achievers, entrepreneurs, business leaders, marketing professionals, and those who strive to excel in work and life.
Please review the following guidelines carefully prior to submitting articles for consideration. If submissions do not follow these guidelines, they will be immediately deleted. Please include the word “QUERY” or “PITCH” in the subject line of your email.
- Submitted articles must be original and exclusive to Early to Rise. We do not accept previously published pieces or segments of articles that have been published elsewhere.
- All editorial submissions should be relevant to our audience (see below), well-researched, concise, and offer a creative and/or original point of view. Please review the most recent ETR articles on the home page for a sense of the voice and themes we are looking for. (NOTE: All fitness, nutrition, and health-related submissions will be deleted, as we are no longer focusing on this topic.)
- Feature-type articles should range from 700 to 1,200 words (unless there is a compelling reason for a longer piece).
- Early to Rise retains rights to edit all content at its discretion. Once published, articles become the property of Early to Rise and cannot be republished (in print or online, in whole, part, or an altered form) without written permission from our Editor.
- There is no additional compensation for republishing online, via social media, or in print.
- We are currently publishing content in the areas of lifestyle (family, travel, work-life mix); self-improvement (motivation, productivity, skill development, time management); and wealth (careers, business, financial independence, investment, entrepreneurship)
NOTE: ALL ETR articles should be well-researched and actionable, leveraging anecdotes and/or examples to demonstrate the thesis.
As we receive a large number of submissions, our editors will respond only if we are interested in speaking more about your pitch. Please allow up to 3 weeks for a response.
Who we write for
Early to Rise publishes original content specifically geared toward the following readers:
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Individuals interested in productivity, goal-setting, and personal achievement
- Individuals who struggle with clarity, balance, organization, or focus
- Individuals interested in work-life balance
- Professionals who are interested in building and maintaining wealth
- Professionals interested in growing their networks and influence
- Individuals seeking to create a legacy
As you send queries and pitches, please keep our audience in mind. Ask yourself: “How will my article uniquely help ETR readers?”
Copyrighting and permissions
Early to Rise will copyright all articles accepted for publication. In submitting work to Early to Rise for publication consideration, the author/submitter declares that the work is original and has not been published, nor is it currently under consideration for publication, elsewhere in print or online.
It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material, including images, sound, and video files.
If the author wishes to republish his/her content on in another medium, it is requested that they secure written approval from ETR first. Generally, we request that any original content produced for and published on ETR.com remain exclusively ETR content for 3 months, after which time the writer may request simultaneous publication elsewhere.
Please contact the ETR editor (email below) if you have extenuating circumstances, or include these details in your pitch letter.
Acceptable file/format types
Please send articles in a Word document. PDF files are not acceptable. Do not include your own images unless requested or they are particularly applicable to your article. If an image is requested or appropriate, please include as an email attachment, NOT as a photo embedded in a Word document. Include a professional headshot and quick bio to accompany your article submission.
Ready to send it?
Send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Submission Request” or “Query.” Emails without this subject will not be opened.
Your message should include:
- Author’s name
- The title/topic of the article being pitched with a 50-75-word summary
- 2-3 previously published clips so we have a sense of your writing style and voice
If we like your clips and pitch, we will get back to you with next steps. If we do not respond, please do not email us to follow up. We review hundreds of submissions carefully, so if we do not respond, it is either because we have not yet reviewed your submission or found it unsuitable for our audience.
If we do not respond within 3 weeks, we have opted not to publish your article and you are free to pitch to other outlets.