Thank you for your interest in Early to Rise! Established in 2001, Early to Rise publishes proven strategies for improving the health, wealth, and productivity of our readers to help them live their best lives.
Please review the following guidelines carefully prior to submitting articles for consideration.
- Submitted articles must be original and exclusive to Early to Rise. We do not accept articles or segments of articles that have been published in print or online elsewhere.
- All editorial submissions should be relevant to our audience, be well researched, concise, and offer a creative and/or original point of view.
- Feature-type articles should range from 700 to 1,200 words (unless there is a compelling reason for a longer piece).
- Shorter articles (250-plus words) are also accepted for consideration.
- Early to Rise retains the right to edit all content at its discretion. Once published, articles become the property of Early to Rise and cannot be republished (in print or online, in whole, part, or an altered form) without written permission.
- There is no additional compensation for republishing online, via social media, or in print.
Authors are encouraged to send query letters (less than 500 words) with a brief summary of the article proposal and relevant experience/expertise prior to submitting a full-length article.
Topics for solicited submissions will generally be pre-approved by an Early to Rise editor and a desired word count will be provided.
Copyrighting and permissions
Early to Rise will copyright all articles accepted for publication. In submitting work to Early to Rise for publication consideration, the author/submitter declares that the work is original and has not been published, nor is it currently under consideration for publication elsewhere in print or online.
It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material, including images, sound, and video files.
Acceptable file/format types
Please submit text in a Word document or a plain text editing format. PDF files are not acceptable. Images should be in JPEG or TIFF format, and resolution should be 300 dpi or higher. File names should not contain spaces and should include an extension identifying the file type (ie: .docx, .jpg, .tif) whether submitted via Windows or Macintosh platform.
Ready to send it?
Send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “submission request.” The message should include the author’s name, the title/topic of the article, and any relevant information about the author, including qualifications and contact information.
Please allow 7-10 days for a response to your submission.