As someone who signs her emails with “Love” each week you’d think I’d be gaga over Valentine’s Day…
Unfortunately, Valentine’s Day tends to create more anxiety in people than warm fuzzies. There are too many tempting sweets and “special” dinners that can sabotage your health and fitness efforts.
From that box of cheap chocolates at work, to the kids’ Valentine candies for school, and the gifts your loved one might bestow upon you – it can really add up leaving you feeling guilt-ridden from your sugar coma.
That’s no way to spread the love!
Fortunately, I also sign my emails with “Gratitude”… and that’s exactly what I have for my delicious, nutritious homemade treats.
You’ll be thankful too because my Coconut Chia Chocolate Fudge is a simple yet decadent way to enjoy a sweet Valentine’s Day without the guilt or damaging ingredients found in most commercial goodies – mine are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and fiber!
Oh, and they melt in your mouth just like a rich, luscious truffle…
Make a batch to take to work or share with your loved ones… Now that’s the way to spread the Love!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Chill time: 60 minutes | Yield: 25 squares
- ½ cup Organic Virgin Coconut oil
- ½ cup Unsweetened Dutch Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Organic Raw Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Organic Vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Chia Seed
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt (optional)
- Melt first 4 ingredients in a medium sauce pan (or over a double boiler) over medium heat and mix until smooth.
- Add Chia Seed and incorporate well.
- Spread into a small glass container and refrigerate until solid (about an hour).
- Cut into squares and savor every single bite!