Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake
1 lbs. butter
11 oz. bittersweet chocolate
7 oz. sugar
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
Vanilla extract to taste
½ tsp salt
4 oz. flour
2 oz. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 oz Grand Marnier
1 Tbsp. orange zest
Grand Marnier Whipped Cream (see recipe below)
1. Melt together 12 oz butter and bittersweet chocolate. Set aside.
2. 2. Mix 4 oz. butter and 7 oz. sugar until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and egg yolks one by one, mixing about 30 seconds between each.
4. Add melted butter and chocolate (needs to be just lukewarm).
5. Add Grand Marnier and orange zest.
6. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
7. Add dry ingredients into the butter egg mixture and mix for 3 minutes on high speed.
8. Make meringue with egg whites and remaining 2 oz. sugar.
9. Fold meringue into the chocolate mixture.
10. Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
11. Butter 8 (6-ounce) souffle dishes or custard cups.
12. Divide batter among prepared dishes and place on a baking sheet
13. Bake in preheated oven until cakes are firm around edges but a nickel-sized area in center still moves slightly when shaken, about 9 to 12 minutes.
14. Serve with Grand Marnier Whipped cream
Grand Marnier Whipped Cream
1 liter heavy cream
100 grams sugar
3 oz. Grand Marnier liquor
Whip heavy cream together with sugar. Add in Grand Marnier.