Boy are you lucky I came up with this power packed Green Shamrock Smoothie just in time for St. Patty’s Day!
Smoothies are a terrific way to pack in life giving, energy-boosting nutrients into a delicious, portable drink – this will certainly come in handy as you sing “Danny Boy” at the parade and prepare for a night of Green Beer and Irish Cheer!
Follow these easy steps and you’ll be feeling lucky in no time!
Green Shamrock Smoothie
Prep: 2 minutes | Blend: up to 1 minute | Yield: 1 serving
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1-2 handfuls torn shamrock leaves – a.k.a. kale
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (OR 3 tablespoons hemp seed + 1 tablespoon honey)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup water (more for desired consistency)
- 1 very generous dash cinnamon (like, Loch-Ness-Monster-sized dash)
Blend all ingredients until well incorporated. Drink with a green straw while wearing your green garb.
Happy St. Patty’s Day!