My Scallops Au Gratin recipe will easily become your friends and family’s favorite, even if they think they don’t like scallops. Better yet, it is as fat-burning as it is delicious, and they won’t notice the difference.
It’s a great time to join hundreds in the Eat More, Burn More family, and soon you can sign up to be a part of my brand new cooking classes for weight loss.
Thank you so much for reading!
Scallops au gratin
Active time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 3 large shallots, peeled and diced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems discarded, sliced
- 1 tbsp. of brandy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened, whole-grain cereals (Such as Ezekiel’s or Bob’s Red Mill’s), processed into crumbs
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, sauté shallots and mushrooms with a little olive oil, just to wilt them.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the garlic, brandy, parsley, crumbs, cheese, curry, yogurt and the shallot-mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the scallops evenly into individual ovenproof dishes. Top each gratin dish with a handful or two of the mixture.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and bubbling and the scallops are cooked through.