According to the FB survey I posted last week, you want more short dumbbell-bodyweight combo workouts. I love that answer because these are some of my favorite workouts to create.
It’s what gave me my start with Men’s Health back in 2000 (wow, nearly 15 years ago!).
Here’s a classic fat-burning superset workout where you’ll do one dumbbell exercise followed by a bodyweight exercise. You can stay in the same place so that you won’t lose your equipment if you exercise in a busy gym.
The 15-Minute Classic Fat Burner Workout
1A) DB Reverse Lunge – 30 seconds per side
1B) Decline (feet on bench) or Incline Pushups (hands on bench) – 60 secs
– Do not rest between 1A and 1B.
– Rest 30 seconds after 1B before repeating the superset two more times.
– NOTE: Decline pushups are harder, incline are easier.
2A) DB Row – 30 seconds per side
2B) Bulgarian Split Squat or 1-Leg Hip Extension – 30 seconds per side
– Do not rest between 2A and 2B.
– Rest 30 seconds after 2B before repeating the superset two more times.
– NOTE: 1-Leg Hip Extensions are done while lying on your back and placing one foot on top of a bench. Point the other foot straight up in the air and contract your butt and hamstrings with the other leg to drive hips up.
Another instant CLASSIC.
BTW, if you voted for more bodyweight only workouts, the best place to get those follow-along workout videos is here:
Burn fat and get results your way,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS – Your Kickbutt Monday Motivation Tip to start the week:
“Life is not a dress rehearsal.” … so if you want something, get up and get after it now. Time is running out for all of us.
Stop comparing yourself to others. It is likely the biggest source of unhappiness in your life. Let it go. Free yourself from comparison.
Stay strong and focus on what YOU can control. Cope with the rest. And concentrate on what counts.
You will succeed this way. I believe in you.